When An Insurance Company Fails You
Like homeowners or car owners, business owners purchase insurance to protect their hard work. When you depend on an insurance company to provide coverage when facing a third-party lawsuit or when your business has been interrupted, it can be devastating to discover that the insurance company is unwilling to pay what is owed.
Our attorneys at PMRK Law, LLP, have years of experience negotiating with insurance companies on behalf of businesses. We understand the ins and outs of insurance policies and know how to handle complex insurance situations.
Insurance Policies Can Be As Unique As Your Business
There are a wide variety of insurance options for businesses. Depending on your trade, you may need to focus more on accident insurance or even specialty coverage such as cyber insurance. No matter the type of insurance, there is always the risk of an insurer refusing to pay for your claim.
PMRK Law, LLP, can help you with many different types of business insurance coverage, including:
- Comprehensive Liability (CGL) Coverage; Helps protect your business operations. It covers incidents such as third-party bodily injury and property damage, advertising injuries and reputational harm. If a customer is injured on your business property, a CGL policy should cover the claim for damages.
- First-Party Property and Business Coverage; The purpose of this insurance is to cover your business and replace income lost if you have to close temporarily due to a covered loss, such as property damage.
- Directors & Officers (D&O) Insurance Coverage; Protects the assets of corporate directors and officers if they are sued for actual or alleged wrongful acts in managing the company. The insurance usually covers the business and can also cover legal fees, settlements and other related costs.
- Employment Practices Liability Coverage; Includes coverage for employed-related claims such as allegations of wrongful termination, discrimination and workplace harassment.
- Professional Liability Insurance; Provides coverage for professionals and businesses to protect against claims from clients and customers. Professional liability insurance covers incidents such as negligence, personal injury and copyright infringements.
- Specialty Insurance Coverage; Specialty insurance coverage is for businesses, items or processes that are unique and not typically covered under regular insurance policies, such as cyber insurance.
When one of these policies doesn’t cover your business and protect you like you believed it would, a large verdict or settlement could be disastrous to your business. You have options to protect yourself. PMRK Law, LLP, has decades of experience fighting insurance companies on behalf of businesses in California. Our attorneys can help you determine how to proceed when facing a dispute with your insurance company.
Experience That Won’t Let You Down
We have represented clients in a variety of insurance coverage disputes for businesses, including negotiating a settlement in a coverage dispute of a First Person Property claim that triggered multiple policies for a construction company. Contact PMRK Law, LLP, now to learn more about how to protect your business when insurance fails you. Call us at 415-949-4076 to schedule a consultation or fill out an online contact form.